Walks in the garrigue :
• Many are offered to you on foot from the house. Exit to the right, take the first right and then the first left. At the top crossing, you turn right and cross the bridge or go straight to the retirement home and the scrub roads are yours.
• You can also take the car towards Aumelas and park at the top of the hill (about 5 km), before going back down to the Lower Castle of Aumelas. On your left, a nice walk will take you to the ruins of the old castle of Aumelas and will give you a beautiful view of the two valleys.
Walks on the Gardiole hill:
• You can go to Gigean and then follow the directions to Saint Félix De Monceau Abbey: there you will not only have the Abbey in ruins, but you will have departures of walks that will reveal the ponds and the sea below in some places.
• You can take the road Courbet (between Cournonterral and Mireval). Plenty of space to park the cars at the top and a beautiful view of the ponds and the sea.
Walks around the ponds: Flamingo Roses Guaranteed.
• Pass Mireval and walk around the Frontignan Pond, you can also follow the canal to the sea.
• Head to Bouzigue or Balaruc for walks along the Thau Pond.
• And of course, you can go as far as Palavas or La Grande Motte where again the ponds await you.
Walking in the nature
From the house, you will reach the bike path to Montpellier and many bike paths (old roads with very little traffic).
Many paths for mountain bikes too
Along the coast, from Agde to Palavas, connecting cycle paths.
Always be careful, without bike paths, the roads are narrow at home.
Help yourself to the map ballads in motorcycles to find nice roads to do in two or four wheels.
Outings on the water
On the sea: in Palavas, Sète, Agde, companies offer sea walks.
We like the Mikael in Palavas because it is a family business that exists for many years and a
small 14 July at sea with them it is obsolete but so fresh. (0681768103).
Le Ba'thau gourmet proposes you outings with tasting of local products: on reservation
and appointment at 0769135742
On the Canal du midi : From Agde, Vias, Béziers, you sail on a small boat
that you drive.
A landlord advised, rather helpful: Agde cruise rental: 0646781460